Nominations are Open!
Nominations will close on Nov. 21, 2019.
The 2020 Delaware Valley HR Person of the Year Award Committee seeks candidates who represent “the best” in the human resource management profession. This highly prestigious award recognizes creative approaches and consistent high performance that benefits an organization. We share the belief that human resource professionals play a critical role in determining the strategic direction of organizations.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- HR Person of the Year
- HR Consultant of the Year
- HR Rising Star of the Year
- Nominations will close on November 21, 2019.
- Preliminary Questionnaire must be completed by December 5, 2019.
- Applications are due on January 22, 2020.
Eligible Candidates Include:
- Any practitioner, consultant, generalist or a functional specialist who is a member of National SHRM and/or a Delaware Valley Regional SHRM Chapter (Chester County Human Resource Association, Delaware County SHRM, Delaware SHRM, Greater Valley Forge HR Association, HR Association of Southern New Jersey, Philly SHRM, Tri-State HR Management Association).
- Any practitioner, consultant, generalist or a functional specialist who has not been nominated as HR Person of the Year in the past three years.
- Any practitioner, consultant, generalist or a functional specialist who has not won HR Person of the Year in any category in the past five years.
- An individual who has demonstrated excellence either by creative and innovative development of new ideas and programs or by the highly effective utilization of well-regarded principles in the human resources area. Specific achievements may be related to a project or an ongoing activity.
- Candidates will have a minimum of one year of service with their current employer as of February 12, 2020.
- An “HR Consultant of the Year” candidate is defined as an individual who, on a contract rather than employment basis, personally perform for third-party employer clients the duties traditionally associated with a Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Manager, Vice President of Human Resources, or Chief Human Resources Officer and whose primary business is performing those duties for their clients. Individuals who own a HR Consulting business but do not actually perform any of the above described duties are not eligible for the award. The winner will exemplify excellence in the quality and standard of work, expertise in human resources principles, a demonstrated pattern of impactful results for clients, and exceptional customer service and responsiveness.
- An “HR Rising Star of the Year” candidate is defined as an HR professional that has 8 years or less of total working experience as of the application due date. Working experience will only be counted post completion of an individual’s undergraduate degree.
- Nominees must live or work in the following geographic areas: PA – Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware counties; NJ – Burlington, Camden, Atlantic, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland and Cape May counties; DE – New Castle, Kent counties.